"BEST Customer Service in Conveyancing" Award Winner for 2021 & 2022 (Word Of Mouth)

Talk to a Lawyer
1800 001 098
Call & Talk To A Lawyer (FREE consult)
1800 001 098
VIC Registered Law Firm, LEAD Conveyancing

Victoria Conveyancing From $879

Choose an Award Winning Conveyancer to get you a hassle-free and on-time property settlement. We can provide your S32 or REIV Contract of Sale, do a pre-auction review, or do your conveyancing. Get a FREE quote prepared by Trinh Thai LLB
lead bullet
LIV Practice Certified, Property Transfer Lawyer
lead bullet
LLB (Deakin), GradDipLP (College of Law)
lead bullet
Over 9,888+ properties settled in VIC
lead bullet
9-years practicing only in Conveyancing
lead bullet
2020 & 2021 #1 Best Service Winner
Get a no obligation FREE quote
Law institute Victoria member
PEXA Members Badge

FREE Quick Quote & Fixed Fee

We'll email it to you in 30-seconds
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
SSL Green Logo
SSL Security & Privacy Assured
Clients give us "5-stars" for our Quality Service and Affordable Fixed Costs
Lakshmi Adhar Avatar
Lakshmi Adhar
18 May 2022 - Google

We were very impressed by the professionalism and support we received by Shayal Adhar solicitor of Lead Conveyancing throughout the course of the sale of our property. We could not recommend her enough and look forward to working with... read more

08 May 2022 - Google

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Erica Gruen throughout the process of the sale and purchase of our houses. Erica was most professional, and thorough showing great intelligence and responsiveness in her approach. I could not recommend her... read more

Stacey Murrin Avatar
Stacey Murrin
05 May 2022 - Google

We had a fantastic experience using Angel at Lead Conveyancing to do the property settlement for our purchase. She stepped us through the entire process and made it so easy and stress free. She even managed to settle early for... read more

Where are you in your property journey?
Click the button below that best describes you
5 Star

Get the BEST Customer Service with LEAD Conveyancing
We’ve won the Word Of Mouth Service Award in Conveyancing for 2020, 2021, & 2022.

2020-Service-Award2021 Service AwardWOMO 2022 Service Award


Trinh Thai LLB

What you need to do

  1. Send us a copy of the contract & when you’ll make an offer
  2. Tell us when you’d like to settle on the property
  3. We’ll achieve a satisfactory outcome for you
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 1800 001 098 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Victoria Frequently Asked Questions.


Sellers Conveyancing
Trinh Thai LLB

What you need to do

  1. Send us a copy of the contract or instruct us to draft it
  2. Tell us more about the property you’re selling
  3. We’ll achieve an on-time settlement for you
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 1800 001 098 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Victoria Frequently Asked Questions.


Trinh Thai LLB

What you need to do

  1. Let us know what you are proposing to do
  2. We'll review the contract & section 32 looking for red-flags
  3. We’ll suggest changes & special conditions in the contract to protect your interest
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 1800 001 098 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Victoria Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 1800 001 098 for a FREE consultation.
Or just read our Victoria FAQ.
womo service award 2022
Nominate An Award Winning Conveyancer (2022 Best Service Award)
What Our Client Say About Us
5 stars
5.0 from 153 reviews
OneFlare Logo
5 stars
5.0 from 109 reviews
5 stars
5.0 from 91 reviews
Get A Free Quote
8 AM TO 7 PM
CALL 1800 001 098
10 AM TO 5 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

  • When I purchase in Victoria, is it different to purchasing in other Australian States?

    Purchasing a property in Victoria is very similar to purchasing a property in other Australian States. The “buyer beware” rule applies in Victoria just like it would apply in any other States. Hence, it is crucial for you to complete your due diligence, preferably prior to entering the contract. We recommend you seek pre-contract review advice from our property lawyer, ascertain your borrowing capacity and undertake a pre-contract signing building and pest inspection prior to making an offer. If you intend to develop the property, we further recommend that you make relevant enquiries with the local government authorities as to your intended use and development of the property.

    While the process is quite similar between States, there are certain stark differences between them. If you are purchasing a property in a different State from your usual State of residence, you should speak to a lawyer from our firm to understand the differences. We can draw correlations between the practices in the various States to make it easier for you to understand.

  • When I sell in Victoria, is it different from selling in other Australian States?

    When you intend to sell a property in Victoria, apart from appointing an agent, you will be required to engage a property lawyer/conveyancer to prepare the Contract of Sale incorporating the Vendor Statement (also known as the Section 32 Statement). The section 32 statement is a vendor’s disclosure statement to purchasers before they sign the contract. Victoria is the only State in Australia that requires a Vendor Statement to be provided to purchasers prior to entering a legally binding contract.

    There are serious consequences to the vendor for knowingly or recklessly providing false information or failing to supply all required information, including providing prospective purchasers with a potential avenue to validly rescind the contract prior to settlement.

    If you engage us to prepare the Contract and Section 32 for you, we will ensure that both documents are prepared properly to ensure that you have a legally binding contract from the moment of signing. Additionally, we also have our own set of special conditions that reflects industry best practice, intended to clearly stipulate, and reinforce your rights and interests as the vendor.

  • What are searches and why are they necessary to include in a Section 32 statement?

    Searches are basically property certificates that are purchased from the relevant local government authorities, such as the local council, water authority, State Revenue Office, VicRoads, your owner’s corporation manager (if applicable) that contains important information about the property that you are selling. It is generally sufficient disclosure to comply with the Section 32 of the Sale of Land Act 1962 if the full set of certificates are included. However, in some unique cases, additional searches and property certificates may need to be ordered to suit your particular property. This is where you will need to speak to a very good property lawyer / conveyancer to receive proper advice on the type of certificate that you need to satisfy your obligations under Section 32.

    Although it is easy enough to satisfy, unfortunately not all conveyancers will know what to recommend, to produce a full and complete Section 32 disclosure statement. If you are looking to sell a Victorian property, ensure that you engage a good lawyer who can explain to you the importance of property certificates and searches. Remember that if the correct searches, standard ones, or additional ones specific to your property, you may have inadvertently left the backdoor open for your purchaser to walk out before settlement.

  • Is it common to buy or sell at auction in Victoria?

    Coinciding with the booming property market, it is common these days for properties to be offered for sale at a public auction. The most important difference between purchasing a property at a public auction and making a private offer is that auction contracts are unconditional from signing. This means that cooling-off period does not apply and that you cannot make the contract subject to any condition precedents. In other words, you will be bound to complete the contract regardless of the condition of the property and/or your financial situation.

    Therefore, if you intend to purchase a property at an auction (or make a private offer within 3 business days on either side of a publicly advertised auction), it is imperative that you satisfy yourself of your financial arrangement and the physical condition of the property. We recommend that you obtain independent legal advice by providing a copy of the contract to us for a pre-signing contract review and so that the terms of the contract can be negotiated and agreed to between the parties prior to you attending the auction. We also highly recommend that you obtain a pre-approval from your financier and to arrange a building and pest inspection prior to the auction date.

  • Under the standard Victorian Contract, can I require any included chattels and fixtures to be in working order at settlement?

    The standard conditions of Victorian contracts provide that the purchaser purchase the property “as is” and “where is”, in its present condition, subject to any patent (obvious) or latent (hidden) defects, fair wear and tear excepted. Therefore, unless provided for under a special condition, the vendor is only required to handover the property to you in the same condition as it was in on the day of sale. Therefore, if any appliance was not in working order on the day of sale, generally you cannot require the vendor to rectify the issue prior to settlement. Please seek our advice if you wish to insert a special condition in the contract to ensure that the chattels are delivered to you in a good condition on settlement.

  • What are the identity requirements when purchasing in Victoria?

    Pursuant to the current legislative requirements, Legal Practitioners are required to undertake an identification verification process with their clients. This ensures that you are identified as the person who you claim to be and that we are dealing with the right persons in relation to a transaction. You will usually be required to produce your identity documents such as your passport and driver licence for this purpose. If these documents cannot be produced, we will advise you of other alternative documents which could satisfy the Verification of Identity requirements. Once the process is completed, the verification shall remain valid for two years.

  • What is a client authorisation form and where do I get it from?

    All documents which can be electronically lodged with Land Use Victoria (formerly known as the Land Titles Office), must now be lodged through the electronic transaction system known as PEXA (Property Exchange Australia).

    The previous practice where all parties to a transaction are required to print, sign and post a paper-based Transfer of Land and duties forms around to each other for signing have been abolished and replaced by a similar process, but undertaken in the online environment. It is for this reason that we are required to retain as a part of our file, the Client Authorisation Form, which represents your authorisation to us to transact the property for you in electronic means.

    We will prepare the Client Authorisation Form during our settlement preparation steps and provide to you for your perusal, signing and return.

  • What does it mean when we have a “deeming” condition to the contract?

    Deeming provisions are common condition precedents to any property transactions in Victoria. Condition precents just mean that there are certain conditions that need to be satisfied before settlement are required to happen. Examples of condition precents are the subject to finance clause and the subject to building and pest inspection clauses. These clauses are deeming provisions because the exit provisions have a deadline for you to exercise your rights, or your right expires. In simple laymen language, using the subject to finance clause as an example, it means that if you don’t tell the other side that you haven’t received your finance approval by the due date, they will assume (deem) that you have obtained your finance approval and will proceed to settlement.

    As such, it is imperative to diarise these critical dates and ensure that you provide us with relevant instructions, so we can serve the appropriate notices on the vendor’s representative on your behalf before the due date.

  • When do I need to obtain insurance when purchasing a property in Victoria?

    The risks in relation to the property remains with the vendor until settlement, which means that it is their responsibility to deliver the property to you in the same condition as it was on the day of sale, minus fair wear and tear.

    However, standard practice isn’t always sufficient to protect your best interest in the practical sense, because in Victoria, there are many ways in which a vendor can get out of their responsibility to you. In addition, depending on the contract given to you, you might have inadvertently contracted out of the requirement to demand that a property of original condition be delivered to you.

    Hence, we usually advise our clients that as of the date of the Contract, as a purchaser, you have an insurable interest in the property, and should exercise your rights to seek insurance cover over the property. Plus, it is also common practice for your lender to require the sighting of your insurance policy over the property and its interests as the incoming mortgagee noted on the policy, prior to a settlement booking.

    At the very least, we suggest that a cover note be obtained from the insurer pending receipt of the formal policy. This would become handy in the unlikely event that some major incidents occurred at the property prior to settlement and the vendor does not have insurance or the insurance is insufficient. This insurance policy should continue to be maintained beyond settlement.

  • Does Victoria have paper certificates of titles?

    The original duplicate Certificates of Title (in paper form) remain valid in Victoria. However, as most of the transactions are required to be completed on the electronic settlement platform known as PEXA (Property Exchange Australia), the paper titles will be converted to electronic Certificate of Title (eCT) prior to settlements so that settlements can proceed. If you are the seller of a property and hold a paper Certificate of Title in your possession, we will require the duplicate Certificate of Title to be delivered to us at the earliest and prior to settlement so we may convert it to an eCT prior to settlement.

  • I do not have the original paper certificate of title, but I know I have a clear title, what do I do?

    There are various possible scenarios that may be applicable to this situation.

    If you did not obtain a loan to facilitate your purchase of the property, the original duplicate Certificate of Title may have been issued to your previous representative who may have been keeping the Title in their safe custody for you. If this is the case, it is recommended that you liaise with your previous representative to obtain the title from them.

    If you purchased the property with a loan but have since paid out the whole lot and closed your account, it is possible that you might not have taken the original Certificate of Title from your lender’s safe custody at the time. In fact, in some circumstances, the mortgage might still be registered on the title, many years after you have already discharged your loan in full. In such cases, you just need to approach the bank to request that they discharge the loan fully and produce the title to you in paper form, or preferably, for them to release the title on the settlement platform to us as your conveyancers (if you’re selling the property through us) so we can transact it directly to the purchaser on settlement.

    If you are certain that you had in possession the original duplicate Certificate of Title, yet you are unable to find it, it could unfortunately be the case that the title was lost. In these situations, we can lodge a lost-title application with Land Use Victoria on your behalf. However, this can be a very time consuming and costly exercise.

    In any case, if you find yourselves in any of the above scenarios, we can help you navigate the various authorities’ systems and requirements to ensure a successful settlement. Contact our office for a 20 minutes free consultation.