"BEST Customer Service in Conveyancing" Award Winner for 2022 & 2023 (Word Of Mouth)

Talk to a Lawyer
07 3088 8016
Call & Talk To A Lawyer (FREE consult)
07 3088 8016

Conveyancing Logan From $504 inc GST

Conveyancing Works + Solicitor included in fixed fee.
Need a conveyancing service done right the first time in Logan ?
Get a no hassle, on time settlement with your emails & calls promptly returned.
LEAD Conveyancing is the only property law firm with a guaranteed fast response time.
Need a conveyancing service done right the first time in Logan? Choose a 2020 & 2021 Best Conveyancer Service Award #1 Winner.
lead bullet
Communication & responses within 48 business hours, guaranteed*
or we’ll deduct $100 from your professional fee (no questions asked).
lead bullet
Care from a Queensland Law Society registered law practice at an affordable cost. You get a Lawyer from A to Z (Kristy Fletcher). Not a legal clerk.
lead bullet
Extra care & hand-holding for First Time Logan Buyers and Sellers. Legal advice and support throughout the process. Not just paper pushing.
Fill in the form or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE quote
Member of Queensland Law Society Logo
Asia Pacific Logo
Word Of Mouth
PEXA Members Badge
Member of Queensland Law Society Logo
PEXA Members Badge
Word Of Mouth
Get Your Quote Now
Enter Your Details Below and We’ll Calculate Your Conveyancing Fees in 30 seconds
Contract Review
Contract Drafting
Buying Conveyancing
Selling Conveyancing
Transferring Property
SSL Green Logo
SSL Security & Privacy Assured

Lead Legal Services Pty Ltd (ABN 86 640 514 558)
Proud to be a registered conveyancing law firm.

Clients give us "5-stars" for our Quality Service and Affordable Fixed Costs
David Coffey
- Google

We found Kristy to be professional, capable and friendly. She made the daunting process of property purchase logical with her easy to understand process procedure. She also helped us avoid a cyber fraud, we will always be in her debt! Thank you Kristy!

Stephen Dewar
Stephen Dewar
- Google

Kristy at LEADCONVEYANCING is simply amazing. She was on top of every step of the process and gave us great confidence that our matters were in the safest of hands. I would HIGHLY recommend LEADCONVEYANCING and Kristy in particular.

Sam Morrison
Sam Morrison
- Google

Lead were very helpful in getting me into my first home. They did all the work and guided me with expert advice. Settlement was a breeze.

Where are you in your property journey?
Click the button below that best describes you

LEAD Conveyancing Logan

Unit 7, Level 1/3972 Pacific Hwy
Loganholme QLD 4129
07 3088 8016

Status: Registered
ABN: 86 640 514 558
Email: logan.office@leadconveyancing.com.au

Open Hours
Mon 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tue 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wed 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thu 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fri 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat Closed
Sun Closed
Meet Your Conveyancer
Kristy Fletcher Profile
lead bullet
QLS Practice Certified – ID 00069209
lead bullet
LLB (QUT), BJus (QUT), GradDipLP
lead bullet
Over 8,782+ properties settled in QLD
lead bullet
9-years practicing only in Conveyancing
lead bullet
PEXA member, online settlements
lead bullet
Member of the Queensland Law Society


Buyers Conveyancing
Kristy Fletcher LLB (QUT)
Logan Conveyancing Lawyer

What you need to do

  1. Send us a copy of the contract & when you’ll make an offer
  2. Tell us when you’d like to settle on the property
  3. We’ll achieve a satisfactory outcome for you
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Logan Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE consultation.
Or just read our Logan FAQ.


Sellers Conveyancing
Kristy Fletcher LLB (QUT)
Logan Property Lawyer

What you need to do

  1. Send us a copy of the contract or instruct us to draft it
  2. Tell us more about the property you’re selling
  3. We’ll achieve an on-time settlement for you
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Logan Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE consultation.
Or just read our Logan FAQ.


Buying & Selling
Kristy Fletcher LLB (QUT)
Logan Conveyancing Solicitor

What you need to do

  1. Let us know what you are proposing to do;
  2. We will tailor the purchase and sale contracts to fit your particular requirements and timeline; and
  3. We will provide you with a seamless transition from home to home.
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE 10-min consultation.
Or just read our Logan Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to request a online quote
Or call 07 3088 8016 for a FREE consultation.
Or just read our Logan FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions

Specifically for the Greater Logan Region
  • How long does conveyancing take?
    How long a conveyance will take depends on a number of factors including:
    1. How long does it take for you to return documents to your lawyer?
    2. How long does it take for banks to be ready?
    3. How long does it take for searches to be returned? 
    4. How long does it take for money to be available for settlement? 
    5. After everyone is ready, how long does it take to book settlement?
    In many cases settlement in Queensland can be completed within 30 days from the Contract date. It is possible to settle earlier, however if banks are involved you will find you need at least 30 days to settle.
  • What is pre-approval for finance?

    Pre-approval means you have passed a banks initial checks for finance and as long as your contract, the valuation and any other matters the bank considers come through as intended you should be able to obtain an unconditional finance approval. It is important that you do not rely on a pre-approval of a loan for finance and still make the contract subject to finance approval where possible.

  • What additional searches do you recommend for Logan?
    Logan is a growing hub of residential and commercial property. You should always check to make sure the property you are purchasing is zoned for how you want to use the property by conducting a town planning search. The town planning search can protect you in a number of ways by making sure the property use is legal and that there are no outstanding development approvals for the lot. Where a house is constructed on the property you should also obtain a building records search to make sure the property is council approved. You can get information for free from the councils website at: https://devet.loganhub.com.au/#/landing. With low lying property you should also undertake a flood search to make sure the property is not subject to historical flooding.
  • Can I get a concession for transfer duty on an investment property?

    Transfer duty or stamp duty concessions only apply to purchases of a First Home or Home by an individual. If you are purchasing as an investment property you will have to pay transfer duty at the full dutiable rate.

  • What is the difference between Joint Tenants and Tenants in Common?
    Both joint tenants and tenants in common are different ways of holding title to a property. With joint tenants all lot owners own the property equally and when one passes away the title to the property will transfer to the other owners on title. With tenants in common you can own the property in equal or unequal shares and when one owner passes away their portion of the title will transfer under their will. It is important to consider how you want to hold the property with another owner and double check to make sure your will reflects your ownership correctly.
  • I am purchasing a Body Corporate property. What do I need to be aware of?
    Body Corporate properties require all owners in the Body Corporate to contribute to the management, maintenance and ongoing costs of all shared property. You will also need to share common property space with other owners and vote in Body Corporate meetings. Owning a property in a Body Corporate usually has the benefit that you get to share the costs of facilities such as pools or security with other lot owners. It can however have the negative aspect where you may not get along with other owners in the Body Corporate. You should always consider doing a full Body Corporate Records search before you purchase a lot in a Body Corporate. This is so you can check previous meetings to see if there are particular costs or problems you need to be aware of, so you can understand your ongoing expenditure and so you can understand the bylaws of the property. If you want pets in the property you will also need to make sure you get approval from the Body Corporate before you own the property.
  • What is a Community Management Statement?

    A Community Management Statement (‘CMS’) is a statement lodged on the title of all Body Corporate properties which details the contribution and interest entitlements for each lot, the exclusive use areas of each lot and the Body Corporate bylaws. You should always do a search of a CMS before purchasing a property to make sure you understand your rights and obligations in relation to the lot you are purchasing.

  • What is a Building Management Statement?

    A Building Management Statement (‘BMS’) is a document lodged on the title of lots where there is an agreement between two or more lot owners to provide reciprocal rights for utility services, access, support, shelter and insurance arrangements. When a BMS is registered on the title of a property you are purchasing you should always conduct a search of it as there may be ongoing costs you have to pay under the BMS.

  • If the property is subject to a court order, what does that mean for me?

    To find out if a property is the subject of a court order you would need to do a search of the sellers name on the court registry. The seller is required to disclose any court proceedings that affect the lot however where this hasn’t been done the purchaser may have rights to terminate the contract. If you are unsure if a court order affects the lot you should always instruct your lawyer or property solicitor to undertake the search for you.

  • The property is vacant and I want to tenant the property at settlement. What do I need to know?

    The seller is not required to find you a tenant or allow you access to find a tenant unless the contract is made subject to this. You should speak to a lawyer before you sign the contract to obtain the wording of a special condition that binds the parties accordingly. Where the purchaser is to advertise for a tenant before settlement, the tenant should only move in once settlement is affected. Also, the purchaser should make sure they have insurance coverage to protect the property while it is advertised. If the seller is to find a tenant for the purchaser the purchaser should make sure the clause does not require them to accept any tenant the seller finds before settlement, particularly if they would be unsuitable.

  • I am buying a property with a pool. What do I need to know?

    It is a requirement that all properties in Queensland with a pool should have a current pool safety certificate. When a seller sells a property with a pool they need to advise if the property has a current pool safety certificate or provide a ‘Notice of No Pool Safety Certificate’. Where there is no pool safety certificate you may have a right to conduct a pool safety inspection at your own cost and if you cannot obtain the certificate yourself then you may have the right to terminate the contract. You can also have a special condition inserted into the contract to require the seller to obtain a pool safety certificate before settlement / conveyancing. Regardless of what happens before settlement the purchaser will have an obligation to make sure the pool has a current pool safety certificate by no later than 90 days after the settlement date.

  • What do I need to know before I purchase an ‘Off-the-Plan’ property?
    When you purchase off-the-plan you are purchasing property that is not yet registered or completed. This means there is a risk the property will change or be varied from what is on the information disclosed by the sellers. Contract’s for off-the-plan property are almost always in the sellers favour however you will usually find that you can purchase them at a good price also. Off-the-plan properties can take 18 months or more to register which could mean you may not settle when you want to. You will also find your bank will not issue you an unconditional approval letter until close to settlement as they will not be able to correctly value the property. The search information you can obtain on an off-the-plan will be limited as the property will only be newly registered as well. Before purchasing off-the-plan consider if the transaction is right for you, what your appetite for risk is, and what you will do if something goes wrong. It is always best to get a contract review before you sign a contract to make sure you understand what you need to with off-the-plan property.
  • I want to purchase a National Rental Affordability Scheme property. What do I need to know?

    National Rental Affordability Scheme (‘NRAS’) has been set up to help low to moderate income earners to rent property. It will make renting the property more attractive and help low to moderate income earners to rent. You will also find there are tax incentives for you owning an NRAS property. Before you purchase an NRAS property you should speak to your financial adviser or accountant to make sure the investment is right for you. If it is, there will be agreements between yourself and NRAS that you need to sign before settlement and additional lawyer fees for the work. You should check with your lawyer on how much they charge for transacting an NRAS property.

  • Can I purchase property without doing a physical inspection of the property?

    You can purchase a property without doing a visual inspection of the property however once the property settles any defects or issues with the property will be your own to deal with. If you cannot physically inspect a property get someone you know and trust to look at it for you. Where that is also not an option, make sure to book in plenty of inspections including building, pest, electrical and plumbing inspections.

  • What happens when I terminate a contract?
    Most standard clauses require all or part of the deposit to be refunded to the purchaser when either the purchaser or seller terminates the contract. To understand what applies under your contract you should read the clause itself. In most cases if you are a purchaser or seller and you terminate the contract validly for breach of the other party the deposit will be paid to you and you will have a right to sue the other party for damages. Where the termination is invalid however the other party will gain a right to the deposit, a right to require you to settle anyway and a right to sue you for damages.
  • When I sell a property, when do I need to cancel my insurance on the property?

    When you sell a property you should cancel your insurance at settlement. In Queensland the purchaser is usually required to obtain insurance on the property from the first business day after the contract date however it is important that you do not rely on this as that insurance may not cover you.

  • What transfers at settlement when a tenant is remaining in the property?
    When a tenant remains in the property any items affixed to the property will remain in the property and become the purchasers at settlement. The following will also transfer in relation to the tenancy itself:
    • Any rent paid will be adjusted between the parties and the tenant will be given notice to direct future payments to the new owner.
    • The rights to any bond will be transferred at settlement.
    • The tenancy agreement itself will be handed over at settlement.
  • What happens if rent is unpaid at settlement?

    If rent is unpaid at settlement then no adjustment for rent will be done in the settlement figures. Instead the purchaser will be required to chase the tenant for the unpaid rent and reimburse the seller once paid.

  • If I own property, can I transfer half of the property to my spouse and not pay transfer duty?

    There is an exemption for people who own property to transfer a share of the property so they own half of the property equally between them and their spouse after settlement without any transfer duty having to be paid (other than under the Australian Foreign Acquirer Duty). If you are interested you should check with your lawyer as to whether you are eligible. Lodgement fees for the Land Titles Registry would still be payable even with the exemption.

  • What happens if I do not settle on time?

    If you do not settle on time then the other party will have a right, from 4pm on the settlement date, to terminate the contract, claim the deposit and sue you for damages. Where you know you cannot settle it is important that you request an extension of settlement as soon as possible to prevent the other party utilising their rights.

  • There is a caveat on the property. What does that mean?

    A caveat means that a third party has, or intends to, commence legal proceedings against the owner of the property. Any caveats on the property need to be removed before settlement otherwise the purchaser cannot obtain title to the property. Your lawyer or best conveyancer will be able to advise you on this and organise the removal of the caveat before settlement.

  • What is ‘GST Withholding’?

    The Australian Taxation Office (‘ATO’) requires Goods and Services Tax (‘GST’) payable on a contract to be withheld at settlement and paid directly to them. This is to ensure that GST is paid when required and prevent tax evasion. If you are unsure if GST will apply to your transaction you should speak to your accountant or financial adviser. Where GST does apply your lawyer will organise for the GST amount to be withheld and paid to the ATO at settlement.

  • What is a covenant?

    A covenant is a restriction on how the property may be used or maintained. They can come in the form of registered covenants on title (usually for requirements in relation to noise, vegetation or animals) or in the form of covenants disclosed in the contract (building covenants or design guidelines). It is always important that you make sure you understand what will be required of you after settlement in relation to any covenants on the property.

  • What happens if the seller is bankrupt?

    When a seller is bankrupt they can no longer sell the property on their own. Instead a trustee for bankruptcy or administrator will be appointed to handle the sellers financial affairs. You will usually need to sign a contract with the trustee for bankruptcy or administrator in order to purchase the property even if the seller previously agreed to sell the property to you. To make sure your purchase contract is valid and binding you should always conduct a bankruptcy search on the seller.

  • What does a Personal Property and Securities Register (‘PPSR’) search show me?
    A PPSR search will show you what charges are registered against the seller. A charge is a security interest (akin to a mortgage) that protects the rental or loan of items to another person. The seller is required to remove all charges that affect the property at settlement however if you do not undertake a PPSR search you will not know if charges do affect the property. It is best to undertake this search to prevent you having to pay off any charges on the property after settlement. CODE 3310 Conveyancing
Get A Free Quote
8 AM TO 7 PM
CALL 07 3088 8016

Why Us?

Is it your first time to buy a house? Or are you buying an investment property? Are you selling one of your real estate assets?

These will all require conveyancing. It’s the process of transferring the ownership of a title from one person to another. To get this done, you can choose from the following options. You can:

  • Do it yourself.
  • Get a conveyancer. OR,
  • Get a solicitor.

First off, take note that we are talking about your property here, which is, in most cases, your hard-earned 6-figure investment. A home is generally the largest single investment in a person’s life. You wouldn’t want to mess this up.

Now, let’s drill down to each one of the options, shall we?

If you do it yourself, will you be saving money? Probably...or probably not. Consider the time you have to allot. This will require dedication and attention. You’ll have to complete documents and paperwork as well as adhere to certain dates. If it’s your first time, you might as well not try it. Unless, of course, you’re willing to risk paying huge sums of money in penalties. Again, the risk isn’t worth it.

A conveyancer will be a better option if budget is a concern. They can get it done properly and they know the process. They have a license too. However, when things get complicated, they’re scope is very limited.

Getting a solicitor or property lawyer is your best option. Why? Because a solicitor is better equipped to handle more complex situations and can protect your interest no matter how messy it can be.

LEAD Conveyancing Logan is a team of experienced, well-seasoned property lawyers who have been in the business for years providing exceptional work to every Logan buyer and seller. Check out our client reviews to see what they say.

Our Services

Logan Conveyancing quote

When you sign up with a utility provider, apart from a good customer experience, what else are you expecting from them? Transparency, right?

At LEAD, we make sure we are upfront with everything - costs, processes, updates. We don’t leave you in the dark and keep you guessing as to what’s going on with your documents. We don’t leave emails unanswered because we understand that giving an update is the same as giving you that peace of mind knowing that things are going as they should be.

And that’s also the reason why we always tell our clients that we still are your LOCAL solicitor.

LEAD has embraced the fast-paced technology of today’s generation. Our process and systems are now completely virtual and can be done just by phone and email. Hence, our slogan - “Conveyancing at your fingertips.” Despite the absence of traditional office appointments, our service still maintains that warmth through what’s called constant communication. Pretty old and simple, right? Still, this is what every customer needs.

If you are...

  • Purchasing a property.
  • Or putting one up for sale. Or,
  • Just needs a title to be put under new ownership.

Just pick up the phone, give us a call, or send us an email. We’ll show you how it should be done - and experienced.

How we provide Cheap Price

Perhaps you’ll ask - “How come your price is so cheap?”

It’s really surprising to think about it and you may ask yourself, “Am I really getting a quality solicitor at this low price?”

The answer is yes. And here’s how we do it.

  • We communicate only by phone and email. No need for time-consuming face to face appointments.
  • We formed our team with purely experienced property lawyers. No need to get those with other specialisation.
  • We only perform what’s required and order searches that are required. No unnecessary add-ons.

And that is why we are somewhere in between getting a conveyancer (very competitive price) and a law firm (legal expertise). You can get it done at a very competitive price but you don’t sacrifice the quality, security, and peace of mind. It’s getting the best of both worlds!

Now you can sleep at night.

Why do you need Solicitors?

As common advice and rule of thumb, here’s how it is defined…

  • If your property is of high value, get a solicitor.
  • If you worry about the complexities of your purchase or sale, get a solicitor.
  • If you want yourself, your investment, and your interest to be legally covered and protected even in the worst possible situation, GET. A. SOLICITOR.

Don’t worry. Gone are the olden days when it would cost a fortune to hire a solicitor. Today, I still always get some clients who would veer off every time I tell them the words, “I’ll assign you to a solicitor. Words like, “Oh no, I don’t want a solicitor.” or, “I don’t need a solicitor” or, “I don’t want to be charged for the call.” are what they would say. That’s because a solicitor or lawyer = money down the drain.

Not anymore! At LEAD Conveyancing Logan, you get a top-notch property lawyer to handle your file for a FIXED professional fee. We don’t charge by the hour. We don’t charge by the call. It’s a FLAT rate.

The ability to hire a cheap conveyancing professional lawyer is now within your reach. Today, you can now say LEAD solicitor = smart conveyancing.

About Logan

Somewhere down south of the Brisbane metropolitan area, you’ll find Logan City. Loganholme, on the other hand, is one of the 29 suburbs in the City of Logan.

Logan is perfectly located between 3 cities mainly, Brisbane, Ipswich, and the Gold Coast. With an array of facilities such as aquatic centres, golf courses, the Logan Entertainment Centre, and nine public libraries, together with more than 1,100 environmental and recreational parks, the city of Logan is appealing to many as a very liveable location. Offering a wealth of hidden treasures, such as pristine natural bushland and historic landmarks, it is also known to be one of the most diverse cities in Australia due to many local attractions ranging from farmers’ markets to the oldest rum distillery in the country, and new bistro areas being developed. Cinemas, skate parks, and shopping centres are also widespread.

Buying Property

Here are some of the attractions:

  • Chambers Flat Strawberry Farm - open 7 days a week from June to November where you can visit to pick your own strawberries or buy from their farm shop. Jams and other strawberry goodies are also available.
  • Springwood Conservation Park - this is 36 hectares of open wildlife and is famous for its rock formations and caves.
  • Kingston Park Raceway - experience the thrills of go-karts with this attraction that offers four levels and three different race tracks.
  • Beenleigh Rum Distillery - this is Australia’s oldest distillery! You can experience a tour for just $15 or get a full tour with a tasting session of premium range rums for $25.
  • Chung Tian Temple - witness the beauty of Chinese palace architecture. Truly, one of Logan’s hidden treasures. This place showcases the traditional Chinese emperor style of design where you can also join meditation classes or Chinese Tea Ceremonies.
  • Eagleby Wetland Reserve - this is a popular bird-watching location with more than 200 species of birds found among the open grassland, cane fields, woodland, and freshwater lakes.
  • Berrinba Wetlands - also a must for nature lovers, this place offers 8 kilometres of space for walking, biking, and spots for picnics.
  • Global Food Markets - opening every Sunday at 6 am; enjoy a wide selection of fresh produce coming from some of the gourmet capitals of the world while you feast your eyes with its colourful and lovely ambience. This is a true flavour of Logan so treat your tastebuds to international breakfast foods from Asia, Europe, and Africa.
  • Daisy Hill Conservation Park - if Springwood Conservation Park has 36 hectares, this park has a massive 435 hectares of bushland with picnic areas, walking trails, horse riding, and mountain biking. You can also visit here the Daisy Hill Koala Centre for free where you can learn more about these cute little Aussie creatures.
  • Bayside Wake Park - if you’ve enjoyed go-karting at Kingston Park Raceway, this attraction is a must-go for wakeboarding and water skiing. Life vests, kneeboards, and skis are included in the cost so all you need to do is drop by.

Selling Property

As a young city, Logan’s residential properties are predominantly brand new and modern. New estates keep flourishing, providing locals with a wide variety of options for their preferred lifestyle. As for affordability, Logan City has a list of suburbs that fall below the median price of nearby cities like Mackay, Brisbane and Gold Coast. Logan Central, for one, has a current median price of only $320,000. Investment-wise, Logan Central has a median rental return of $320 per week for houses and $270 per week for apartment units based on September 2017 statistics. Records also show properties in Logan Central have been producing a 5.4% rental yield!

When it comes to transport, Logan City has the Queensland Rail’s Beenleigh and Gold Coast railway lines. It was in 2004 that integrated ticketing was introduced through Translink. This has improved access to public transport. Today, TransLink bus routes service most of Logan City’s built-up areas. The city also has a bus operator named Logan City Bus Service which provides transport for places between Brisbane and Gold Coast at Logan City. Most services are based around the Springwood and Loganholme bus stations along the Pacific Motorway, together with Browns Plains bus station further west. Peak hour buses between Brisbane City and Logan City are also being operated.

With city-wide projects currently in place, job opportunities and economic developments are a high priority for Logan City Council. A 2020 employment strategy has been set out that outlines the intention for different employment areas which will provide certainty for investors and entrepreneurs and will help shape future changes. Together with this is a housing strategy developed in the same year to help establish best practice policy options for residential development and future housi